Goodhood is Hiring a Digital Designer (London)
Goodhood is a multi brand retailer selling over 200 brands across menswear, womenswear, lifestyle and cosmetics. With an aim to cultivate a unique vision of effortless life style and redefine the idea of luxury living, Goodhood creates a culturally relevant experience influenced by the flow of culture rather than the trends of the fashion industry.
Currently hiring a designer to join the digital team to help drive the visual development and produce best in class assets across all of Goodhood’s digital touchpoints.
A genuine understanding and appreciation for digital design and a commercial mindset are qualities required for this position as the main focus is on digital communications design for e-commerce. The role also offers the opportunity to contribute to the art direction of photoshoots, so a keen interest in photography, as well as motion graphics, is also highly advantageous. Taking initiative and continually improving the visual output should come naturally, as well as presenting ideas and working collaboratively.
The ideal candidate will have at least two years experience in a similar role and have a thorough understanding of Goodhood’s visual approach to design and content, and an appreciation for Japanese culture and aesthetics. A positive, can-do approach is a must, as is the ability to work well both autonomously and in a team. The role is based in Goodhood’s head office in a converted townhouse in Shoreditch.
- Minimum of 2 years professional experience in an in-house design team or agency
- BA (hons) Degree in Digital Design, Graphic Design, Graphic Communications or related field
- A great understanding of typography, layout and visual consistency
- Proficiency in Adobe CC – InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator
- Experience in AfterEffects and video editing software advantageous
- HTML coding and CSS experience using a CMS desirable
- Experience in an ecom / retail environment a bonus
- A portfolio that demonstrates digitally focused work and ideally some art direction
- Work across multiple channels to produce high-quality digital assets and experiences
- Produce and deliver digitally innovative creative content for the website, social media assets, website banners and email campaigns
- Contribute to the evolution the visual direction and generate ideas for editorial concepts and treatments
- Ensure consistency of the visual language and brand identity across all customer touchpoints, online and in-store
- Confidently present ideas and designs with rationale, whilst taking feedback and iterating quickly to deliver to a deadline
- Improve the online customer experience and user experience through design solutions
- Design and build engaging online editorial features to a high standard
- Retouch product imagery and editorial photography
- Support the team’s wider design requirements and daily maintenance
Please send applications with CV and cover letter with subject title "Digital Designer".