Nanushka is Hiring: Assistant Designer (Budapest)
Nanushka is a contemporary womenswear brand with a signature style of confidence and ease. Born and raised in Budapest, Sandra Sandor launched Nanushka in 2006. Nanushka delivers a modern, versatile, day to night wardrobe for the modern human with the aim of creating a new informal form of beauty.
Nanushka is looking for an Assistant Designer, candidates who are strongly fashion-oriented, dynamic, flexible and team workers. The Assistant Designer will work directly with the designer to oversee the development of all collections from initial concept to final sample as well as production. This position requires a self-starter who has a strong background, knowledge and passion for design and production. The ideal candidate will have 1-2 years experience.
- Minimum of 1-2 years design related experience;
- High level of attention to detail;
- Product management skills and comfort handling pressured deadlines;
- Strong communication, organizational, multi-tasking and prioritizing skills;
- Strong knowledge of raw materials, fabrics and trims;
- Strong knowledge of garmet construction and how to spec;
- Understanding of quality standards that are consitent with a luxury level brand;
- BA or BFA in fashion or related field;
- Excellent proficiency in Microsoft Office;
- Basic knowledge of Photoshop, Illustrator and InDesign a plus.
- Manage and support the design and production process;
- Establish and manage an accurate production timetable for all product orders;
- Liaise between the designer, suppliers, seamstress, patternmaker, etc.;
- Facilitate the sourcing of raw materials for development and production operations;
- Assist designer with production fittings and prepare notes for final productions.
Please submit portfolio with resume.