VSCO Is Hiring Associate Creative Director (Oakland)
VSCO is a creative channel. The company builds creative tools, spaces and connections driven by self-expression. Its Mission is to help everybody fall in love with their own creativity.
Currently looking for a strong creative leader that will help drive the brand voice, both visually and verbally, through unique consumer facing content experiences. This role will work within the in-house Editorial Studio to ensure that the team are delivering a consistent, compelling and engaging message across VSCO’s content and in-real-life programming. You will have the opportunity to grow and mentor a team of talented designers and writers. Looking for a creative leader who will thrive in the strategic thinking needed at this stage of the business, but also has a strong interest and experience working with the detail and nuanced work needed to consistently elevate our creative standards. This is a full-time position.
* 7+ years of experience building a compelling content and editorial practice OR consumer brand campaigns, 4+ years in a creative leadership role at a digital agency, a consumer-based brand, or a technology brand
* Proven knowledge of fundamental creative disciplines and creative processes, with focused expertise in at least one discipline: brand development, copywriting, design, or digital marketing
** Specialization in motion, including film production, motion graphics and visual effects; with a focus on emerging social platforms
* Ability to mentor and guide creative talent, prioritize work and resources, and provide timely and clear critical feedback
* Experience working within a technology driven and structured environment, specifically liaising across multiple teams including Product, Engineering, Growth, Business Development and Brand
* Effective presentation skills and communication abilities in both internal and external situations, including corporate leadership, brand partners, digital agencies and internal departments.
* Oversee the design and production of content campaigns and programs for the Editorial Studio of the marketing organization
* Inspire the team and organization as a whole in all areas of production, including visual, copy, motion and experience design
* Mentor, manage and grow a team of art directors, designers and copywriters through multiple projects and timelines
* Actively shape and steer VSCO’s brand and editorial voice and identity
* Liaise with external creative agencies, community members, brand partners and corporate partners for new creative opportunities while ensuring brand standards
Free delicious lunches daily, amazing snack selections, and the best coffee in the Bay Area. Equity, health, vision and dental insurance for families, and a flexible vacation policy.
To apply write a good cover letter telling them why you want to work at VSCO and what they should know about you. Don’t forget that resume.