NEED SUPPLY HIRING GRAPHIC DESIGNER (LA)
E-commerce site Need Supply opened in 1996 selling a unique collection of vintage pieces. Over the previous decades, selections have evolved to become a well-edited assortment of contemporary designers and independent labels from the U.S. and abroad.
Currently seeking an innovative Graphic Designer to support in-house creative initiatives. This position is based in downtown Los Angeles office, candidate would brainstorm concepts with creative team and contribute to the look and feel of those projects while executing various deliverables used for marketing, advertising, and branding purposes across digital, print, and social channels.
The ideal candidate will be a well-organized, detail-oriented, self-starter with the desire to create engaging digital and print content that is brand appropriate and ultimately helps to drive product sales. Candidates with experience working in an advertising or marketing agency – who can demonstrate ROI around their creative strategies and designs – are preferred.
- Portfolio (must be submitted with resume in order to be considered for this position)
- 2+ years visual design experience
- Impeccable typography and graphic design skills
- Excellent time-management skills
- Proven ability to combine conceptual, creative and strategic thinking with tactical execution
- Desire and ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment, while executing multiple projects at a time, in various phases, and under tight deadlines
- Strong project planning and organizational skills
- Post-production proficiency
- Degree in Communication Design, Graphic Design, or something similar
- Experience concepting, developing, and executing campaigns for Advertising or Marketing purposes
- Copywriting skills
- Ability to assess the good from the bad
- Maintaining a current knowledge of design trends, strategies, platforms, tools, and best practices that are applicable to retail/fashion/e-commerce companies
- Collaborate with Creative team to develop campaigns and marketing materials for seasonal and one-off creative projects
- Learn from internal marketing metrics, using those insights to guide future design decisions
- Understand key strategic business and marketing goals and support them via internal and external channels
- Conceptualize interactive design strategies in-line with Need Supply Co. aesthetics and standards
- Support the brand’s ongoing interactive and visual design initiatives
- Determine an appropriate design approach for projects and present recommendations, as needed
- Design marketing and e-commerce assets for digital communication, as needed (i.e. homepage, landing pages, email, etc)
- Design assets for social media channels, online advertising, and affiliate sites (i.e. Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Pinterest, etc)
Submit cover letter, portfolio and resume here.