In a New York Coworking State of Mind
Creative women need a workspace, whether it's a studio or a coworking office where she can network and collaborate with other like-minded females. In today's climate, it's important for a woman's workplace to be a safe environment where she can grow, lead and support the future of females in business, the arts, science and creative industries.
We spotlight 5 good coworking spots around New York City well-suited for the creative working woman.
*opening image via The Wing
Their motto is "Love what you do and where you do it." We couldn't agree more to that theory. Rough Draft, is not only the coolest name ever (sounds like the Brad Pitt of all coworking joints), but is a shared creative studio space and agency in one. This is an ultimate dream setting for any creative freelancer. Memberships start at a daily rate of $28/day (half off the 1st day), part-time @ 12 days a month for $240 and a full-time rate at $300.
- Desks, cafe tables, conference tables, lounge spaces, and outdoor seating. Fixed-desk option for full-time members.
- High-speed internet, color printing, scanning, and faxing.
- Huddle booths for calls or chats, LED presentation screen
- Kitchen, coffee & water, healthy snacks, beer & wine.
- Lockers, cameras, audio/video, and computer equipment (Mac & PC) available for rent.
- Bike racks, business address with mail/package reception.
- Books, magazines, Pantone, and other creative resources.
A "workspace and lifespace," which for millennials translates to craft coffee and yoga. Spoiler alert: it is indeed a yoga studio and a co-working space in one. I mean, how could we not add this to the list. Obviously if you are obsessed with yoga, you need to be here. Good news is that membership comes with unlimited yoga sessions; $350/month w/co-working. Their list of amenities is not included, but guess what they are pretty chill (how could they not be) and the price and the free yoga sounds like an awesome deal. Plus, the minimalist space is Instagram/Pinterest worthy, chill vibes included.
Located in the Ladies Mile Historic District of Manhattan's Flatiron neighborhood, The Wing is a women's clubhouse in the same heritage of a men's club, but without stuffy arm chairs and cigars. Should you choose to cowork here, expect a lot of valuable networking with a built-in support group equipped with cool, curated events and meet-ups all to strengthen the female bonds. Membership is $215/month at the Manhattan location and coming soon to Brooklyn.
- open-plan workspace with meeting rooms, phone booth, extensive all-female library
- cafe with food, wine and cocktails made by women
- a beauty room with makeup and "blowouts on demand"
- lactation room
A full-service creative coworking space in the heart of Sunset Park in Brooklyn. Beautifully designed in all manners minimalist, coworkers get to take in a proper, breathtaking view of the Manhattan Skyline. Only offers monthly and yearly memberships starting at $700/mo and $1,500 for a private office.
- content studio (soundproof and private)
- General Store (cuz why not)
- outdoor courtyard with wi-fi
- full-service cafe
- workshops / events
- gym access w/lockers and showers
- makers space w/tools and materials
- conference rooms
- concierge manager on-site
- library lounge
KONGO / 📍 DUMBO, BK
Gorgeous loft space in the thick of Dumbo, Jay Street to be specific. That means you’re at arms length from good organic food/eateries, grass and art galleries. Say you are a creative busy bee who needs to have a dedicated desk under $500, Kongo simplifies it with a membership of $450/mo that includes your own desk, filing cabinet w/lock and 24/7 access.
- open space desks
- conference rooms
- wifi, printer and a land line
- ping pong
- Nespresso (Nespresso!)
- dog friendly
- cool events, like the Dumbo Arts Festival and in-house film screenings