The Standard Hotel is Hiring Graphic Designer (NYC)
The Standard Hotels are a group of five boutique hotels in Los Angeles (Hollywood and Downtown LA), New York City (Meatpacking District and East Village) and Miami Beach.
Currently seeking an enthusiastic, dynamic and wildly creative full-time Graphic Designer with 1-2 yrs experience to join our design team. The ideal candidate will have a great understanding of The Standard brand, thrive in a fast-paced highly creative environment, have a great sense of humor, ability to dive into a project quickly, execute and articulate a design vision and be passionate about all things related to but not limited to design, art, culture, current trends, and more. This is a special opportunity to grow with a brand and work environment that is culturally rich, dynamic and diverse.
• Degree or certificate in graphic design
• 1-2 years professional or relevant experience in an agency or in-house marketing department
• Highly proficient in Adobe Creative Suite (specifically InDesign, Illustrator, and Photoshop)
• Excellent communication skills and experience talking through and collaborating on creative ideas
• Strong sense of exceptional design and typography
• Highly organized, attention to detail and able to produce quality work in fast-paced environment while meeting deadlines
• Experience in print production and product design
• Working knowledge of other programs, such as Word, Excel, Powerpoint, and Keynote and Google Drive platform, including Google Docs, Sheets, and Slides
• Familiarity with UX and app design. Experience with Sketch.
• Photography and retouching skills a plus
• Proactive attitude with a collaborative work ethic
This is an exciting opportunity for a meticulous designer that thrives on working on a wide variety of projects including connecting and designing everything and anything related to ongoing branding and identity needs from newsletters, collateral, signage, illustration, UX, packaging, presentations to special projects, even cool t-shirts. He/she will also support the team's administrative needs including archival management, research, and more.
Full-time position. Salary is commensurate with experience. Please submit resume and portfolio for consideration.