Opening Ceremony Hiring Jr. Web Designer
Opening Ceremony was founded in 2002 by two friends from UC Berkeley, Carol Lim and Humberto Leon, as a place to share their passions for travel, art, and fashion. Inspired by a trip to Hong Kong, the two decided to leave their jobs in corporate fashion to realize their unique dream. What began as a single store on a quiet street in downtown New York is now a global community with outposts in New York and Los Angeles, a department store in Tokyo, a wholesale showroom, an in-house clothing line, a blog, and an e-commerce site.
Taking its name and mission statement from the modern Olympic Games, founded by Baron Pierre de Coubertin, Opening Ceremony adopts a multinational approach to retail. In addition to stocking both iconic and emerging homegrown designers, every year OC showcases the spirit and merchandise of a visiting country, transforming each store into a marketplace for exotic souvenirs and international talent.
👉 Opening Ceremony is currently hiring a Jr. Web/Graphic Designer based in New York City
- 2+ years of experience in a Web/Digital
- Designer/Interactive Designer role or similar
- Exceptional design, typography, and interactive design skills
- Bachelor's degree in Design, Typography, Web Design, Information Design, Computer Science or equivalent experience
- Excellent time-management, communication, and teamwork
- Expertise in Adobe Creative Suite
- Experience with mobile design
- Create mock-ups and prototypes to work out visual and interactive design details
- Create final graphics/artwork with detailed specs (both technical and CSS)
- Ensure that designs are implemented correctly
- Define and apply style guide for consistency across all channels (desktop, iPhone, iPad, e-mail marketing, social media, etc.)