#girlgaze is Hiring: Digital Editorial Director (LA)
#girlgaze is for a woman breaking into the photography industry, the obstacles are unquestionably hard. The mission is to support girls behind the camera. A digital media company, based in Los Angeles, #girlgaze promotes and highlights the work of female Gen Z photographers and directors. Our mission is to close the gender gap by creating visibility and tangible jobs for girls behind the lens. With over one million Instagram submissions and counting, #Girlgaze is expanding into original video content, IRL events and eCommerce in 2017. Founded in 2016 by Amanda de Cadenet, the creator of the Conversation, #Girlgaze understands Gen Z and collaborates with brand partners such as Gap, TeenVogue, Warby Parker and more.
Currently hiring for a Digital Editorial Director.
- A commitment of 25 hours per week, with opportunity to become full-time.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Attention to detail and the ability to always follow through on projects and meet deadlines.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Enthusiastic, energetic, confident and reliable.
- Passionate about Girlgaze, female empowerment and giving a voice to girls.
- Must show initiative, creativity, and ability to work independently as well as collectively within a team.
- Ability to multitask, strong sense of urgency, and commitment to excellence.
- Ability to relate positively to people from diverse backgrounds and professional levels.
- Demonstrates ability to maintain confidentiality with regard to privileged matters.
- Coordinates and organizes editorial contributors, freelancers and interns (photographers, writers, creatives...).
- Creates and/or produces original and adaptive material for various social media channels and participates in all details related to content and copy creation.
- Edits and organizes all content in the office.
- Collaborates with Girlgaze team members and contributors to ensure brand and strategy is represented.
- Ensures deadlines are met and communicates with a broad range of contributors to properly complete and deliver content produced.
- Create content plans, edit material and update project management tools as stages of projects proceed.
- Develops new skills, levels of technical agility and learns new software to expand possibilities of social media engagement and content creation.
- Keeps current with trends and topics in the community.
- Lead content/strategy meetings with the Girlgaze Team.
- Maintaining an organized system for approvals before posting or sharing content.
For consideration you must be a Los Angeles resident. Submit your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with the title of the position included in the subject line. Please also include your social media handles in your email.
*opening image photo credit: Olivia Malone