Paul Smith is Hiring Asst Furniture Designer (London)
The first Paul Smith shop on Albemarle Street did not sell clothes. Opened in 2005, No. 9 Albemarle Street was originally a place for Paul to share his passion for design by showing and selling unique furniture, objects and artworks that he collected on his travels around the world.
Currently hiring for Asst. Furniture Designer to be based in the head office, Kean Street, London. Reporting to the Senior and Lead Designers, the successful candidate will assist with delivering multiple projects at one time, to set critical paths and budgets. The role will involve working within a team and providing creative designs, Furniture, Fixtures & Equipment (FF&E) packages, technical drawings and specifications for Franchise and Wholesale retail projects, in the UK and internationally.
• A minimum of a 2:1 BA Hons Furniture and Product Design or equivalent qualification.
• Highly computer literate with knowledge of design packages including Vectorworks and Solidworks.
• Demonstrated experience in high end bespoke furniture design environment.
• The ability to effectively work on multiple design projects at once while producing excellent, accurate & detailed drawings and specifications to set deadlines.
• Able to work effectively with manufacturers and suppliers.
• Excellent communication skills both written and verbal.
• Highly organised with exceptional prioritisation and planning skills.
• Ability to think conceptually and feel comfortable joining projects after concept stages.
• Excellent eye for design including colour and good 3D awareness.
• Ability to follow a brief and communicate technical and design issues verbally and through drawing.
• Highly self-motivated with the ability to work to own initiative and meet key deadlines.
• A team member who has the ability to deal with people at all levels
• Work alongside the Senior and Lead Designers to design luxury store FF&E and bespoke furniture.
• To contribute to research concepts and sample boards for new projects, ensuring the designs meet commercial and aesthetic requirements.
• Responsible for preparation of furniture presentations and prototyping.
• To order samples / products and liaise with suppliers.
• Ensuring furniture designs and renovations meet the established design quality expectations including brand relevance, new concepts, aesthetic and quality standards.
• Provide solutions to deliver change to improve manufacturing schedules, costs and quality. Investigate local and overseas manufacturing for review.
• Travelling to manufacturers and suppliers to review and investigate samples.
• A generous Clothing Allowance
• Discretionary discount on PSL goods
• An annual leave entitlement of 28 days, inclusive of Bank Holidays increasing by one day per year up to a maximum of 33 days