Coach Hiring Design Apprentice (NYC)
Coach is a leading design house of modern luxury accessories and lifestyle collections, with a long-standing reputation built on quality craftsmanship. Defined by a free-spirited, all-American attitude, the brand approaches design with a modern vision, reimagining luxury for today with an authenticity and innovation that is uniquely Coach. All over the world, the Coach name is synonymous with effortless New York style.
Now accepting applications for Design Apprenticeship:
The program begins with an intensive orientation including visits to the Coach quality lab and Design Archives; learning sessions on product development process; and design-specific technical training classes.
You will have ongoing learning & development opportunities, exposure to senior designers and the opportunity to present a final project to leaders within the organization. Upon completion of the program, you will have gained hands on experience at America’s leading accessories house and will have developed valuable design skills that will position you for future success.
- Candidates should be pursuing or recent graduates of a fashion/accessories design degree
- Prior brand related internship experience
- Advanced proficiency and experience using Adobe Illustrator and Photoshop.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, with the ability to interact with a diverse group at all levels
- Excellent organizational skills with attention to detail and follow-through
- Proven ability to sketch and spec
- Interested candidates should attach examples of their work along with their resume.
- Ability to work full-time, five days a week with a 6 month commitment.
- You will partner with the design team to learn all aspects of the design process, including assistance with design cards, presentation boards, meeting preparation, and sample management.
- You will be a part of a dynamic, creative environment where you will collaborate with talented designers as well as partners in the business.
- Maintaining and tracking designs in our Product Lifecycle Management system
- Creating design flats and renderings using Adobe Illustrator
- Partnering with product development in tracking samples
- Coordinating raw materials (leather, fabric, hardware) for sample development
- Completing hardware cards and color palettes for the design review process
- Organizing the design room and boards for presentation