Poketo Hiring Illustration Intern (Los Angeles)
Since its foundation in 2003 by husband-and-wife team Ted Vadakan and Angie Myung, Poketo has grown from a small startup into a creative hub and online destination. A lifestyle brand born out of the desire to infuse the everyday with aesthetic intentionality, Poketo has carefully curated and created a collection of design-conscious goods meant to cultivate a creative lifestyle.
The Illustration intern will assist in designing Poketo’s line of products in line with Poketo aesthetics and brand. Poketo works closely with their interns and makes them a valuable part of the team. Interns will work on real projects and gain important hands-on experience. No coffee making or running errands! This is a fantastic opportunity for interns to build their portfolios and resumes with projects from Poketo, an internationally recognized artist brand. Internships are unpaid but school credit is given.
REQUIREMENTS + RESPONSIBILITIES:
- A comprehensive expertise with Illustrator and Photoshop
- Illustration skills a must along with an acute command of color theory, composition, and overall design concepts
- Competence in web design, with fluency in HTML, CSS, and Word Press is a huge plus
- Access to a laptop required.
- An informed interest in fashion and product design is a must!
In the cover letter include why you want to work at Poketo. Please write “Illustration Internship” in the subject heading of the email and don't forget to include cover letter AND resume.