Of A Kind is Hiring Social Media Intern (NYC)
Of a Kind introduces exciting new designers by selling their pieces and sharing their stories. Since 2010, OfAKind.com has featured over 350 of America's most promising new makers.
Currently hiring part-time (and paid!) NYC-based Content Production and Social Media intern. You should be available at least two full days a week, for a minimum of four months. (Ideally, from the end of August through the end of January!)
- Passion and enthusiasm for Of a Kind, emerging designers, and startups.
- Kindness, sense of humor, and a positive, can-do attitude. (Belief that no task is too small!)
- A basic visual literacy as well as a dependable knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite and InDesign.
- Experience with Wordpress and basic coding preferred.
- Ability to quickly grasp workflow organization.
- Excitement around immersing yourself in the brand world of Of a Kind.
- Extreme attention to detail.
- Efficiency in juggling numerous requests, both immediate and ongoing.
- Stellar email manner and communication skills.
- Ability to multitask, prioritize, and stay calm under pressure.
- Confidence to take initiative and tackle any project.
- Supporting the design and social media teams.
- Assisting with projects involving photoshoots, image selection, CMS builds, social media posting, asset management, and design.
- Owning the image library and the organization and the workflow that keeps it alive.
- Building newsletters and blog posts.
- Creating social media assets.
- Performing operational and office-management functions.
HOW TO APPLY: (*Please include "Content Production/Social Media Intern" in subject title)
+ your résumé (bonus points if it’s one page!)
+ a cover letter that gives a legit sense of your personality.
+ your 5 favorite emerging designers—and a short paragraph on why!
+ links to your blog, Tumblr, Instagram, Twitter, Pinterest, etc.
+ dates you’re available to intern