Glossier Summer Internship: Product Design (Montreal)
Glossier is a girl's best friend and we are hardcore believers. The brand is the brainchild of Emily Weiss who started beauty website Into the Gloss then ventured into the billion dollar business of beauty and skincare products fit for the millennial and beyond. Glossier was founded on the fact that beauty isn’t made in a boardroom—it happens when the individual is celebrated. Personal choice is the most important decision a brand can never make.
Glossier is looking for a Product Design Intern for Summer Program. Based in Montreal, you will be at the heart of the Technology and Design teams and will get the opportunity to work closely with experienced Product Designers to bring our evolving digital experiences to life. Together, you will create functional, delightful, beautiful user experiences across all of Glossier's digital touchpoints. You have a strong eye and aesthetic sensibility but are constantly looking to validate design decisions through user feedback, quantitative insights, and evolving best practices.
- Pursuing a degree in Graphic Design, Interaction Design, Web Design, Human-Computer Interaction or similar
- An online portfolio that demonstrates cutting-edge digital work and a solid understanding of user needs as well as an excellent eye for visual design including color, layout and typography
- Proficiency with Sketch is required
- Knowledge of prototyping tools is a plus
- Obsessive attention to detail
- Ability to successfully work on multiple projects at once
- Ability to self-direct projects once assigned
- Love of the internet
- Work with experienced Product Designers to create world-class digital experiences in sync with evolving design paradigms
- Work low-fi to hi-fi to validate designs and communicate your design decisions to a variety of stakeholders
- Manage your own timelines and priorities in an agile environment
- Assist product designers and user researchers in the creation and hi-fi and lo-fi prototypes
- Conduct design research and competitive analysis
- Observe and participate in user research sessions.