Are You A Natural Girlboss?
My friend just celebrated a one year anniversary being her own boss. I wish I had remembered to celebrate mine, although it was many years ago. (Pinching myself that I can even say that) Being my own boss has been a thrill ride. There’s been a lot of up’s and down’s and fortuitous lessons along the way (with more to come I am sure).
How to know if you’re meant to be an entrepreneur/your own boss:
- The thought of someone giving YOU a deadline feels nauseating.
- You care about the growth of a project and the timeline more than anyone else does on your team.
- You really are bossy to some extent. But if you’re a good boss, then you’re able and willing to step back and listen to your colleagues and employees.
- Burning the midnight oil sounds like a good idea and necessary if it means getting the job done and done well.
- There's no excuse.
- Your brain never stops working and scheming. There is no “OFF” button.
- You don’t necessarily have a “can do” attitude, it’s more like “just fucking do it”.
This is how I've felt every day of my life for the past eight years. So high five to me and to the girlboss reading this. ✋🏼